Smartology Secures £2.8 Million Series A Financing, Led by Committed Capital
Adtech company investment to aggressively accelerate global sales, marketing and product roadmap
Smartology, the contextual adtech platform announces that it has closed its £2.8 Million ($3.6 Million) Series A round of financing led by Committed Capital, the fast growth UK technology investment firm. Smartology will use the funding to fuel product development and its expansion in North America and across EMEA. Tim Steel, Chairman of Committed Capital, has joined the Smartology board as Investment Director.
Smartology offers large advertisers the ability to contextually match their branded content with editorial articles on the world’s most prestigious online media. Smartology’s advertisers benefit from record levels of engagement in a GDPR compliant way. Media owners value the higher revenue and as this is non-intrusive advertising, they can guarantee a positive user experience.
Smartology’s media partners include Financial Times, The Economist, Dow Jones, Bloomberg, Handelsblatt, and approaching 70 more premium publishers. Smartology has run campaigns for clients including Credit Suisse, HSBC, Swiss Re, Mischon de Reya, London Business School and EY.
Commenting on the investment, Tim Steel, Chairman of Committed Capital said “Smartology disrupts the traditional programmatic advertising model and has achieved much higher click through rates; the SmartMatch digital advertising technology attracted considerable interest from our investor base and we are pleased to have helped finance the Company’s growth ambitions.”
Mark Bembridge CEO, Smartology says “The marketing sector is facing a number of huge challenges including transparency, brand safety, viewability, ad fraud and fake news. Now, in the GDPR era, data privacy is top of the agenda. Smartology offers CMOs a solution to all of this and gives media owners a non-interruptive advertising opportunity and a bigger slice of the pie.”
– Higher engagement with branded content matched alongside relevant articles
– Enhanced brand protection as ads are only placed next to brand safe articles
– Semantic matching in multiple languages
– Privacy first as Smartology is cookie free, offering GDPR compliance
– Brands media spend is transparent through the whole buying process
– Zero wastage, as only relevant inventory is bought
– Ads are only served in the most viewable positions on article pages
– Media owners maximise article page yield with a long-term incremental revenue stream