21Vianet Group, Inc. Expands Its Cloud Business
21Vianet Group, Inc. (Nasdaq:VNET) (“21Vianet” or the “Company”), a leading carrier- and cloud-neutral Internet data center services provider in China has announced, that on 16 July 2018 at the Microsoft Inspire 2018 Worldwide Partner Conference its wholly-owned subsidiary Shanghai Blue Cloud Technology Co., Ltd. (“21V Blue Cloud”) has entered into distribution agreements (the “Agreements”) with four world-class cloud service providers including Unify Cloud, AvePoint, Agile Point and Fadada.com (collectively, the “Partners”) who have officially authorized 21V Blue Cloud as a distributor of their products and services in mainland China.
According to the Agreements, 21V Blue Cloud will be responsible for the sales and marketing of the Partners’ cloud solutions, as well as all related implementation and maintenance services. Through these collaborations, 21V Blue Cloud will once again demonstrate its expertise and capabilities in the localization of high quality cloud solutions in China, especially with its landmark collaboration with Microsoft.
- Over the past four years, 21V Blue Cloud has established a sustainable and trusted model for global public cloud operation. The partnership between 21V Blue Cloud and Microsoft has continued to attract cloud service providers worldwide by showcasing the effectiveness of 21V Blue Cloud’s turn-key solutions in helping foreign cloud service providers enter into the Chinese market.
- 21V Blue Cloud has extensive experience in providing its turn-key solutions to internet service providers. In addition, 21V Blue Cloud’s Cloud Landing in China (CLIC) strategy has a strong track record in helping service providers successfully localize their services in the Chinese market. 21V Blue Cloud’s existing partners include BitTitan MigrationWiz, GigaTrust Intelligent Rights Management, and Bespin Intelligent Cloud Management among others.
- The cooperation with the Partners will allow 21V Blue Cloud to provide a more comprehensive range of cloud services, including a complete cloud ecosystem, to customers in China.
- As an industry pioneer, 21V Blue Cloud’s operations are in full compliance with international and domestic legislation, regulations and standards. 21V Blue Cloud is committed to leveraging its licenses and relevant experiences to help its partners navigate through the obstacles in the Chinese market.
21V Blue Cloud Service Offerings:
- Cloud operation and management services in China, for international cloud service providers in need of local deployment and implementation services;
- Localization of operation systems of customer management, contract management and financial management, as well as localized sales channels to expand the local distribution channels;
- Constant and comprehensive pre-sales and post-sales customer service systems for cloud service providers;
- Intelligence gathering and educational services for international service providers to gain an insight into the demands, characteristics, and other elements that are necessary for successful operations and expansions in the Chinese market.
Mr. Alvin Wang, Chief Executive Officer and President of 21Vianet, stated, “We are delighted with the development of our cloud computing business, which is an integral part of our long-term growth strategy. By collaborating with Microsoft, we have established 21V Blue Cloud as the leading operator of international cloud services in China, able to provide customers with optimal service quality and reliability. Looking ahead, we remain committed to bringing more world-class cloud services to Chinese customers. We are confident that our strong localization capabilities as well as our experience and expertise in cloud operations will make us the preferred operator for domestic and international cloud solution services”.
Mr. Wenda “Wing” Ke, President of 21V Blue Cloud, stated, “With the rapid expansion of the cloud computing market in China, we aim to establish a mature and robust industry ecosystem by utilizing our localization and solution expertise to facilitate and accelerate mutually-beneficial cooperation with cloud solutions service providers. We are pleased to see an increasing number of enterprise users who now have access to stronger and more efficient support and are able to advance their business innovations through our products and services. Going forward, by building upon our competitive advantages and forging close partnerships with more world-class cloud service providers, we will remain committed to making localization easier for all the industry-leading cloud products and ensuring that all the solutions are easily-accessible and safe for users in China.”
Mr. Alain Crozier, Microsoft Corporate Vice President, Chairman and CEO of Greater China Region, stated, “Since Microsoft Azure and Office 365 were launched in China four years ago under 21Vianet’s operation, they have performed beyond our expectations and achieved rapid growth. Our close cooperation with 21V Blue Cloud have provided the global market with an archetype for how international cloud services should be successfully commercialized in China. Currently in China, Azure serves more than 110,000 corporate customers and is favored by more than 1,400 partners, while Office365 currently has more than 1.5 million paying enterprise users. The two Azure data center areas, which we utilized for commercial use in Beijing and Shanghai recently, will offer better support to domestic and international customers with cloud business deployment and innovation projects in the Chinese market. With an open and welcoming business environment, China is the ideal market for Microsoft Azure intelligent cloud to scale quickly and efficiently. Moving forward, we will continue to work closely with 21V Blue Cloud to build the best development platform for cloud partners. Additionally, this cooperation will expand the Chinese cloud computing market with diversified cloud innovations that will drive digital transformations in various industries.”