Salsify Announces International Expansion Following Significant Financial Growth and Industry Recognition in 2018
Company opens office in Lisbon after doubling revenue, growing customer base by 60 percent
Salsify, the world’s leading product experience management (PXM) platform, today announced it has achieved substantial growth in 2018 across revenue, customer base, staff and strategic industry partnerships. In addition, to meet the needs of the growing list of global brands which use its platform, Salsify has opened its first international office in Lisbon, Portugal.
Trusted by leading brands Coca-Cola, Fruit of the Loom, and Bosch to deliver the superior product experiences consumers demand, Salsify has grown its customer base 60 percent in 2018 and increased revenue by more than 100 percent year-over-year. With internationally-based brands such as Mars, SC Johnson, L’Oréal Group, and Reckitt Benckiser now relying on its platform, the company established a European presence to ensure customer success and technical development needs could be met more locally.
“Support of our brand manufacturer customers worldwide with top-level engineering and customer success teams was the driving force behind our expansion. We chose Lisbon as our first European office because of the entrepreneurial spirit and advanced skillset of every person we talked to,” said Jeremy Redburn, Co-Founder and Executive Vice President of Product at Salsify. “As head of the Lisbon office, I am hyper-focused on recruiting a team that mirrors the talented, friendly culture we have grown in Boston. We are looking for creative professionals that never want to stop learning and are excited to gain a deep understanding of the Salsify platform, our customers’ specific needs, and how the future of commerce can drive their growth.”
In addition to establishing its European presence, the company used its recent sales growth to fuel research and development (R&D), with over 40 percent of its revenue being re-invested in R&D in 2018. In March, the company delivered the first Product Experience Management (PXM) platform which included closed-loop analytics to help brands continuously optimize product merchandising on the digital shelf to drive sales. Other key corporate milestones from the past year include:
- Salsify launched the Command Center for Amazon which provides brands the specific analytics and functionality they need to optimize product content and drive sales on Amazon
- Walmart selected Salsify PXM as a content syndication partner for its new Connected Content Partner Program to streamline the delivery of suppliers’ product content to Walmart and other retailers
- Forrester Consulting evaluated Salsify PXM and determined a composite organization experienced $6 million in economic benefits and a return on investment (ROI) of 339 percent over three years, with payback on its platform occurring in just seven months
- Amazon selected Salsify to join its Marketplace Developer Council and share insights and feedback regarding tools and programs for Marketplace Web Service APIs
- The company celebrated its 8 best workplace award wins and grew its staff 43 percent to more than 200 team members. A notable recent addition to the executive team is Vice President of Strategy and Innovation, Molly Schonthal. Molly comes to Salsify having helped drive digital growth and transformation at Mars, including the implementation of Salsify across Mars globally. In her new role, she will be focused on helping Salsify imagine what solutions will help manufacturers continue to drive growth in a constantly changing retail landscape.
- Salsify more than doubled the square footage of its headquarters by moving to a 3-floor, 55,000 square foot office at 101 Federal Street in Boston
Read More: Interview with Anil Kaul, CEO at Absolutdata
Salsify PXM makes brands more competitive in digital commerce. The platform provides them with deep retail insights and real-time analytics based on more than 35 million online product listings to help them optimize product pages, improve discoverability and earn market share. It can suggest the type of images, text and keywords needed to best rank in a given product search and streamlines product content delivery with syndication capabilities. By combining a product information management (PIM) solution, deep analytics capabilities and a robust syndication engine, Salsify empowers brands to deliver compelling shopping experiences for consumers across every digital touchpoint.